Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Officially Day Two




It is officially day two of my "sabbatical" dedicated to art. First day felt productive. Spent the whole day working in the studio laboring over a piece that, in the end, felt over-worked (see cowboy below). About 3pm, I took a break, came inside and started reading and surfing the internet for inspiration. I read about a contemporary artist in London www.chloeearly.com as well as looked up old favorites like Franz Kline. Since my morning painting felt over-worked, I decided to stop trying to control my painting and started two new ones that were completely different and that "I didn't care about". It is obvious that these were inspired by Franz, but none the less I was much happier with them than the painting from the morning. It is probably not fair to compare them because they are so different in style, but.....

No comments: