Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Open Studios

I went to the second orientation for Open Studios and learned a lot about how to set up for the event and what to expect. I picked up my signage and marketing materials. Sounds like I can anticipate anywhere from 200-400 people coming to my studio each day. Basically, it seems I will be relying on my event planning experience to pull this thing together. One thing that I was afraid to ask at the orientation but is on my mind is why do they make people buy a catalog and map of the art tour? Wouldn't it be better to just give them away for free? I guess by selling the catalogs the organization can make some money, but I feel like this may affect the event attendance significantly. Maybe I am wrong, but as an newbie, that is how it feels. Regardless, I am on board - full speed ahead!

Open Studios
October 9th & 10th and
October 16th & 17th
10am - 5pm each day
Shyama's Studio
6413 N. Boston
Portland, OR 97217

If you are interested in participating in the whole tour, catalogs and maps are available for purchase online http://www.portlandopenstudios.com, at New Seasons, Art Media, or Powells. I will also have some catalogs at my studio, so if you come there first, you can get info from me.

No comments: