Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ready, Set, Go!


Five days until my "Summer of Art" begins. Today I am trying to get a jump start by painting and brainstorming for that first Monday that I don't have to get up and go to the office. I have been thinking about the theme that I chose for the Sketchbook project which is IN FLIGHT. Since I always do better with an assignment, I thought I would extend that theme into my first set of painting for the season. The piece shown here was originally an abstract painting I did last winter of the ocean, but I really didn't like it, so I started painting over it. Everyone gets mad at me for painting over paintings, but I think this turned out better and now I will be motivated to sell it instead of hiding it in the ugly corner. I bought some old clothes patterns and used the tissue to paste over top of some of the painted areas. I like the transparent effect it created.

No comments: