Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Here I am. Blogging. Why?

Over the past few months I have been scouring the internet for artist's notes and thoughts about their experiences. I am sure they are out there, but I haven't found anything notable yet. I would like to know how other emerging artists are doing. What is working for them? What isn't? A road map they may or may not be following, and their daily experiences and thoughts. I guess you could say I would like a virtual artist community. Since I haven't found anything yet, I thought I would create something myself. I can't be the only artist out there who could use a place to connect. Maybe my experiences can be helpful for someone else trying to get started. Plus, now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense for me to combine my two lives: online marketing producer and mixed media artist = art blog. Now, if I were a good writer, that would be an even better combo....

I have been keeping some notes on my freelance contractor experience of which I have posted, but I hope to begin speaking more about my art moving forward.

No comments: