Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Farm


Today I had the fortune to receive a call from The Farm inquiring about hanging my art in their restaurant. I was excited to take them up on the offer. They found me through Etsy and the fact that I had labeled myself as a Portland artist. The time I spent putting together a nice Etsy store has paid off in many ways www.shyama.etsy.com. Eventhough Etsy was created to support the craft movement, it provides a good place to set up a store and promote yourself as an artist as well. Etsy has recieved quite a lot of press and attention lately and the tools they provide are a great resource. If nothing else, the amount of traffic Etsy recieves will put your name high up on a google search.

My work will be hanging at The Farm Cafe (on the corner of SE 7th and Burnside) for the month of February. Come check it out! www.thefarmcafe.net

No comments: