Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Full Day in the Studio


This is a picture of a painting in progress. So far it includes 3 of the 4 components that are always in my work. Texture, ephemera (which is a collage term for notes, tickets, scraps of paper, etc.), and vintage clip art. The last component will be a transfered image or pattern. And, then of course, there is always lots of paint.

I am hoping to finish this painting today. I get to spend the whole day in the art studio which is exciting. No interruptions, networking, interviews, meetings, errands, or other. Even though I generally like to multi-task, I find it hard to work in the studio if I don't have a good chunk of time to dedicate. I guess the thought of firing up the heater, putting on my painting clothes, and settling into a creative space doesn't seem worth it unless I have at least 4 hours of uninterrupted time. "Oh boo hoo" you must be saying to yourself at this point.

No comments: