Wednesday, January 21, 2015

6 months...

Man, I wish I were more of a risk taker.   Things would be so much easier.

After much consideration from many angles, spreadsheet number crunching, lengthy conversations, and deep breathing, I am taking six months off from my paying job to paint.
 
“What is the big deal?”  “Just take the time off,” you say.  “What are you waiting for?”

And, I wish I were that artsy impulsive person who says, “You are right,” “F-it,” and jumps.  But, I’m not.  I stew, I calculate, and I attempt to control fate.  I try and think of every potential pitfall and prepare myself ahead of time.  That way, I won’t get hurt and I won’t fail.  Right?

Luckily, deep within, right next to the practical and calculating self, there is a little voice that advocates for the artistic, creative, and unpredictable.  A glowing light that reasons with my practical self, and whispers, “art is important." “Painting is important." “Allow us the chance to forget time and be overtaken by the cyclone of creativity.”

Today, little voice wins.



2 comments:

Irene said...

It is about time. You are not only an artist and a project manager, you are an inspiration to all of us who feel so scared to do something like this.

buinho said...

nice post